Fayha Choir conducted by Maestro Barkev Talakian, was established in 2003 in Tripoli. In 2016, and in collaboration with Al Makassed Foundation; Fayha Choir Beirut has been established. The Choir has set foot outside Lebanon in 2017 and founded another Choir in Cairo Egypt.
Al Azm Cultural Center-Beit Al Fan is the choir’s main financial and moral supporter. Tripoli municipality, The Fayha Municipalities Union, Al Hariri Foundation, and Al Safadi Foundation have always supported Fayha Choir. In addition to Fayha Choir Friends and Al Azm School which counts as main partner.
Fayha Choir is internationally recognized as a standard for Arabic Acapella singing. Their repertoire is composed of Latin, Armenian, French, and English, as well as Arabic music from different heritages which include Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian, Palestinian, Iraqi, Bedouin, and Andalusian.
The Choir aims to:
- Develop and spread Arabic Music and express its richness
- Reflect the real and civilized image of Lebanon specifically , and Arab Countries generally
Fayha choir has performed all around Lebanon and represented it in festivals in different countries around the world like Poland Krakow, Lodz and Warsaw, Poland, Abu Dhabi, Armenia, Nagorni Gharapagh, Egypt , Tunisia , Jordan, Syria, France, Canada, China, Qatar, Cyprus, Bahrain, Kuwait, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Sharjah, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Dubai, Greece, etc.
So far, Fayha choir’s best achievement are;
- Winning the first two prizes at the “International Warsaw Choir Festival 2007": Best Choir and Best Conductor. The choir had previously won the second prize at that same festival in 2005
- Winning first prize at ChoirFest Middle East Dubai 2016, and second prize in 2018
- Winning first prize at Music and the Sea Festival 2016 in Greece
- Winning Music Rights Award from the International Music Council in 2016; a recognition for the choir’s involvement in the social and moral support of refugees through choir singing trainings
Today Fayha Choir is an official member of the most important choral associations in the world: “International Federation for Choral Music” (IFCM) and "European Choral Associations-Europa Cantat".
Fayha choir is the only choir in the world that prepares and presents a radio talk-show on weekly basis focused on music and choir singing – “With Fayha” Program, Lebanon Station.